Let’s agree, that cooking during the summer season can be quite a task. The extreme humidity, sweat and heat of the flame become unbearable at times. This is why many of us prefer avoiding the fuss altogether and looking for easier alternatives. When we say easy alternatives, the first two things that come to our mind are order in food or go for some instant meal. While we agree these two options do not need any physical labour, but none of them is sustainable for months-long summer in India. Hence, quick recipes come in as a better and more sustainable option for all. If you ask us, we always go for quick and easy recipes during the summer that can help put together a nutritious home-cooked meal in just no time. This also helps us go as creative as we want to curtail the cooking time in our kitchen.
One such latest cooking experiment that we tried was with soya biryani. And trust us, it turned out just so well! So we thought of sharing the recipe with you. If you are in mood to have something delicious, but don’t want to spend much time in your kitchen, then this soya biryani recipe is a must-try. It is a one-pot recipe that takes not more than 15 minutes to get prepared. Sounds perfect? So, what are you waiting for? Get all your cooking essentials ready as we are taking you through the recipe of quick and easy soya biryani. The recipe has been shared by food vlogger Parul on her YouTube channel ‘Cook With Parul’.
15-Min Biryani Recipe: How To Make Soya Biryani In 15 Minutes:
- Soak the soya chunks in hot water and keep for a few minutes.
- Strain the soya chunks, add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric powder, coriander powder, red chilli powder, garam masala and biryani masala.
- Add salt to taste and some crushed kasoori methi. Mix everything together and add dahi, green chilli, potatoes, carrot and beans to it. You can customise your veggies.
- Finally, add fresh mint and coriander leaves, mix everything together and keep aside.
- Add some oil and ghee in a cooking pan and throw in some cumin, bay leaves, cloves, cardamom, black peppercorn and cinnamon sticks. Let them splutter.
- To it, add onion, ginger-garlic paste and tomato and cook.
- Now add the marinated soya chunks to it and cook.
- Now layer it with soaked basmati rice, birista (fried onion), freshly chopped mint and coriander, saffron-infused milk and ghee respectively.
- Add some more water and cook up to one whistle.
And in no time, your quick soya biryani is ready to be relished.
Watch the detailed recipe video of quick soya biryani here:
Also Read: 9 Protein-Rich Veg Biryani Recipes You Need To Know About
Prepare it today and let us know how you liked it. Enjoy your meal.
About Somdatta SahaExplorer- this is what Somdatta likes to call herself. Be it in terms of food, people or places, all she craves for is to know the unknown. A simple aglio olio pasta or daal-chawal and a good movie can make her day.